Beware of Indian authorities in Jammu and Kashmir State

– By Afshain Afzal
As a routine since the martyrdom of Burhan Wani in 2016,   on night 4 / 5 March 2017, the Indian Army, Police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) had been playing with the rights and sentiments of the Kashmiris in the name of operations against the Indian self-declared Kashmiri terrorists. This time, the Indian agencies dedicated the operation at Hafoo Nazneenpura village in Tral area of Pulwama district to Commander Sabzar Ahmad, who took over as Chief of Hizbul Mujahideen after the martyrdom of Burhan Wani in July 2016. Any civilian asking for the rights to move from one place to another is to be presumed as accomplice of terrorist and is treated accordingly. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a Major of Indian Army disclosed that it has been decided that wherever an operation is to be carried out three kilometers on the right, left, front and back is to be sealed and anyone not cooperating with the security forces in searches and implementation of Army Chief’s orders would be considered as accomplices of terrorists and dealt with as terrorist. Interestingly, Srinagar, Budgam and Shopian districts have been declared as a no-go zone at the sweet will of Indian security forces. It seems from the statements and executive orders of Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat that he is running the affairs in Jammu and Kashmir State.

As per the initial reports, after completing search and combing operation in Pulwama, the Indian Army’s convey under the command of Major R. Reshi was on its way to Rear Headquarters on 4 March 2014, when Kashmiri youth, who were already engaged in heavy stone pelting, injured Major Reshi. Later, Police and CRPF was called in to protect Army personnel, however, they too were greeted with stone and rebukes. At this juncture, the Indian Army decided to carry out a joint operation to show the military might to Kashmiris. Meanwhile, 33-year-old Kashmiri, Manzoor Ahmed Naik son of Faqeer Mohammad Naik of Jammu & Kashmir Police’s Special Operations Group (SOG) applied for emergency leave. Manzoor Ahmed was eager to proceed on leave to his village in Uri as his wife namely Nasreena Manzoor was in family way and had to consult a gynecologist. It is quite disturbing to note that Manzoor Ahmed’s superiors not only declined to grant him leave on the grounds that he had returned from leave two months back but also informed the Indian agencies about Manzoor’s suspicious activities. Finally, his name was forwarded to Army authority for his links with the terrorists on the grounds that he is insisting on leave and is likely to furnish information about the operation to the terrorists. Interestingly, although he was employee of Police but was placed under the Army command to eliminate Commander Sabzar Ahmad. Accordingly, Manzoor Ahmad was deputed to plant explosive around a suspected house where as per the information terrorists were hiding.

Ironically, the Indian commanders in 15 Corps have been quoted to have claimed that Manzoor Ahmed Naik was killed as result of planting explosives around the house where Kashmiri Mujahideen, who were hiding there. One wonders if it is within the responsibilities of the Police personnel to plant explosives and who deputed him to plant explosives. A CRPF personnel who spend whole day with Manzoor Ahmed claimed that the death of his colleague was cold blooded murder as he was a Kashmiri Muslim and that he had hard conversation with his senior officer on the issue of leave and while defying orders of his command he declared that he was proceeding on leave at all costs. As per the eyewitnesses, Manzoor Ahmed was tasked by an Army Colonel to plant explosives in the house where gunmen were hiding but the explosive failed to fully explode. He was again deputed to plant additional explosive, which exploded, killing Manzoor Ahmed and injuring three others. There are rumors all around Jammu and Kashmir State that Manzoor Naik was killed because he was a Muslim so he could not be trusted.

In another interesting development, the Indian intelligence agencies released a clip on social media regarding the conversation between slain Mujahid and his commander before his death. In the said audio clip, which seems to be an attempt to justify the security forces’ operation in Tral against innocent Kashmiris. As per the details, a Kashmiri namely Aqib Bhat alias Aqib Molvi was shown calling some unidentified person (it has been claimed that Javid Naiko was on the other side). Indian DCIO claimed that conversation of Aqib Bhat was being monitored from the last three month and in the last conversation he was talking to his chief that there was no way to escape but he possesses strong will and his death is just the start of another life in heaven. As per the Indian media’s claim, the Indian authorities revealed that as per the statement of Aqib Bhat’s father his son Aqib telephoned him to say final goodbye. One wonders how it is possible that a trained Mujahid or in the language of Indian authorities, a terrorist, fully equipped with weapons and ammunition, instead of killing more and more people is making last calls to his family and commanders. There is no doubt that it was a fake drama to attract the attention of International community so that Kashmiris are projected as terrorists. One wonders why India is doing genocide of Kashmiris. It is high time that New Delhi must take notice of Indian atrocities in Jammu and Kashmir State, fake encounters against Kashmiris and self-staged drama killing own security forces.  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *