PTK reports Killings, funerals, clashes on the day of Ramadan Friday in Kashmir

2 militants, one civilian killed in Arwani gunfight

Joint resistance leaders call for shutdown on Saturday

SRINAGAR  (PTK): Two militants of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) including top commander Junaid Mattoo was killed in an encounter with forces in Arwani village of Bijbehara in Anantnag district of southern Kashmir.

Mattoo was believed to be active for the past two years and carried a bounty of Rs 10 lakh on his head. Reports said that the militants were engaged in a fire-fight with forces for several hours. Official said that the identity of another militant is yet ascertained.  Adding that on specific input about presence of militants in the area, a joint team of Army, J-K police and CRPF cordoned off Arwani village cordoned off the area today morning.

Meanwhile official said that as the cordon was laid some youth assembled near the area and started pelting stones on forces which resulted in clashes. Reports said that a civilian was killed after hit by a bullet him during clashes between protesters and forces in Arwani village.  The deceased civilian was identified as Mohammad Ashraf Khar, a resident of nearby Kharpora village.  Dozens of protesters are reportedly injured in the clashes in the area.

Meanwhile resistance leaders, Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik Friday called for a shutdownon Saturday against the civilian killings in Rangreth and Arwani. “Joint resistance leaders have called for a complete shutdown against killings in Rangreth and Arwani,” a spokesperson of Hurriyat (g) said.

Pertinently, Naseer Ahmad Sheikh, a resident of Ashtengoo Bandipora and Mohammad Ashraf, resident of Kharepora Arwani in Kulgam district were killed in two separate force’s actions.

Kashmir witness intense protests, clashes against civilian killings

Several protesters Injured in different clashes 

Intense clashes were witnessed in different parts of Kashmir against the civilian killing in Rangreth area of Srinagar and Arwani of Anantnag.

Reports said that in Nowhatta area of Downtown Srinagar, youth staged protests after congregational Friday prayers. Police and paramilitary forces deployed in the area used tear smoke shelling to disperse the stone-throwing protesters, triggering clashes.

In Sopore, youth assembled near Markazi Jamia Masjid Sopore and raised pro-freedom slogans. They were protesting against the killing of two civilians in firing by government forces in Rangreth and Arwani areas of Srinagar and Anantnag respectively.

Youth pelted stones on forces after they were barred from taking out a march, reports said. Adding that forces responded by lobbing teargas shells to disperse the protesters, triggering clashes.

Report further said that clashes also erupted between security forces and locals in Hajin town in Bandipora District. Adding that the hundreds of youths assembled outside Jamia Masjid after the congregational Friday prayers and shouted slogans in favour of Azadi. Adding that as the march proceeded youth hurled stones on forces, who retaliated by lobbing tear gas shells to disperse the protesters, triggering clashes in the area.

In Pampore area, reports said that one person identified as Sajad Ahmad of Drangbal Pampore was hit by a tear gas shell in his head during clashes with forces. In Pulwama, intense stone pelting erupted in main town in which several youth reportedly suffered injuries in the clashes.

Pertinently, Naseer Ahmad Sheikh, a resident of Ashtengoo Bandipora and Mohammad Ashraf, resident of Kharepora Arwani in Kulgam district were killed in two separate force’s actions.

Meanwhile government blocked 3G, 4G internet mobile services to prevent any law & order problem besides suspended train service as a precautionary measures.

Bandipora youth succumbs, thousands attend funeral

Thousands of people attended the funeral of Naseer Ahmad Sheikh at Ashtengoo in Bandipora on Friday.

Naseer Ahmad Sheikh who suffered grievous injuries during clashes between protesters and forces in Rangreth area on the outskirts of Srinagar on Thursday succumbed to his injuries late night.

He was hit by a bullet in his chest when the personnel of SSB opened fire on protestors in Rangreth. “He was immediately rushed to JVC hospital Srinagar where he was provided necessary first aid and was shifted to SKIMS Srinagar for specialized treatment but he succumbed to his injures,” said an official.

Reports said that Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) personnel were withdrawing from the area when they came under stone-pelting.

“They (SSB) resorted to aerial firing to disperse the protesters. One youth was injured,” they added.

Govt is shameless, fails to restore peace: Monga

Senior Congress leader, Ghulam Nabi Monga while criticizing the government said that the government has failed to prevent the turbulent situation in Kashmir.

He told PTK that PDP-BJP government is shameless adding that they have failed to restore peace in Kashmir. He said that the government has no respect in the valley as the anger of people can be clearly seen. Monga said, “Central government is also not sincerely understanding the problem of Kashmir. Rajnath said Kashmir will be resolved but that turns a lie”, he said.

He said that Government must take a step to restore peace. “Congress always want peace in Kashmir. They must initiate talks to resolve Kashmir issue.

Govt responsible for civilian killings: Yasin Khan

 Kashmir Economic Alliance (KEA) President Mohammad Yasin Khan said that government is responsible for the civilian killings in Kashmir.

He told PTK that Chief Ministers, Mehbooba Mufti Should understand why civilian killing go unabated in Kashmir valley. He said that government has failed to0 restore peace.

He added that if security forces are well aware of the fact that the civilian killing triggers unrest in valley, the why they are not preventing it.  (PTK)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *